Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sectional drawing and analysis of stairs

This is a section of the beginning portion of my stair from gallery to upper studio. I particularly like this portion as it shows a distorted staircase with treads in random angles and directions. giving a sense of messiness. As the distance from the ground increases the treads of the spiral staircase become orderly, the idea i was using here is that to obtain precision (word for section: precise) it takes time and is a process and you start of messy and gradually get better.






These are sections of my stairs from the gallery to the lower studio. I purposely chose such a simple and straight forward design for my stairs. The reason being that stairs designed for the studio of such a great artist would expect to be extremely designer and artistic but when one comes across simple block like stairs like these it seems 'strange', which also happens to be my word for this section.

No comments:

Post a Comment